Order of service
- 9:40 — Congregate at the flagpoles for the dawn service. Sunrise will be at 09:59.
- Flags — Raising of the Australian and NZ flags, then lowering to half mast.
- The Ode by L Binyon
- Last post
- Two minutes silence
- Reveille — Flags are once again raised to the top of the mast.
- In Flanders Fields by JM McCrae
- National anthems
- 10:30 — Rum and coffee/tea and Anzac biscuits
- 11:00 — Brunch
- 12:00 — Two-up in the bar
- 14:00 — Anzac movie marathon: Breaker Morant, Gallipoli, Kokoda, The Odd Angry Shot
- 18:00 — Dinner — all help
Davis commemorated the sacrifice made by the ANZACs, on the morning of the 25th of April 1915, and all those who have died or suffered as a result of war.
We congregated at the flagpoles — including Steve in a Polaris — wrapped up against the cold (it was a chilly −20°C). As the day dawned clear and golden we raised the flags and thought of the sacrifice these ordinary early Australians made in order that we can have the way of life we have now.
Following our commemorative ceremony we adjourned to the warm of the LQ for the rest of the mornings activities.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning we will remember them.