The Handbook outlines some of the steps that you need to take before travelling and answers some of the most commonly asked questions about living and working in Antarctica. As the time for your departure draws closer, you will receive additional information specific to your voyage or flight and particular circumstances.
Topics covered include:
- Preparing and packing to go south, including issued clothing and equipment, prohibited items, how to clean your gear, cargo and training
- Personal considerations before you leave including financial, medical and voting responsibilities
- Working at the AAD at Kingston
- Living and working in Antarctica
- Expeditioner wellbeing, workplace behaviour and health
- Safety and environment
- Policies and legislative responsibilities
The Handbook is currently under review, but the following pages provide useful information to assist you as you prepare to head south.