The Australian Antarctic Arts Fellowship, made possible by the Australian Antarctic Division in association with the Australian Network for Art & Technology, enables people from the creative community to experience Antarctica and the sub-Antarctic, and Australia’s activities in these locations, so that they may communicate this unique experience and understanding to others.
Expressions of interest for 2020 have closed. They will open again in March 2021.
The Arts Fellowship program objectives are to increase Australian and international awareness and appreciation of Antarctica, the sub-Antarctic, and the Australian Antarctic Program, with a focus on communicating within Australia and internationally:
- the activities of the Australian Antarctic Program
- the importance of the unique Antarctic and sub-Antarctic natural environment
- human stories and endeavours
- Australia’s historical Antarctic and sub-Antarctic legacy
- the international treaty history, values and cooperation that shape Antarctica’s geopolitical significanc
The Arts Fellowship advances these objectives through the work of people gifted in communicating through various media including (but not limited to) the visual arts, film-making, performance, writing, and music.