This Initial Environmental Evaluation describes the potential environmental impacts associated with the major components of the activity in 2023/24 and 2024/25:
- undertake remaining groundworks (clearing small pathways, sleeping tent sites and helicopter landing area)
- install temporary communications infrastructure
- install temporary storage tanks (for drinking water and greywater)
- deliver and move cargo using fixed wing and twin otter aircraft
- deliver fuel
- use of twin engine helicopters to move personnel to sampling sites; and
- setup and manage satellite field camps within 150km of EDB.
The Australian Antarctic Division invites members of the public to submit comments on this document with respect to the environmental impacts of the proposed activities, and in particular to suggest additional, specific ways to reduce the proposal’s environmental impacts.
Comments to the Australian Antarctic Division should be made in writing and emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please ensure that any submissions are received by Close of Business on 15 September 2023.
For more information, please contact the AAD Antarctic and Environmental Regulation Team at email@example.com.
For comment: Access the Draft Initial Environmental Evaluation from the link below.