Before you go south as an Australian Antarctic Program (AAP) participant, you need to be aware of relevant documentation that includes a number of forms that need to be downloaded from this website and returned to the AAD.
Please read the AAD Expeditioner Handbook and your letter from the AAD inviting you to participate in the AAP before filling in the forms downloadable from the catalogue below. Your letter will advise you which forms you need to complete. Please return the forms to us via email to email@example.com or post without delay.
If sending by post please mail to:
AAD Personnel Services
Australian Antarctic Division
GPO Box 858
Canberra City, ACT, 2601
If you cannot download the forms, please contact Recruitment via our online form, or phone +61 3 6232 3123 or 1800 030 755.
Catalogue of expeditioner forms
Please refer to your letter for information on which of the following forms you need to complete.
- Acceptance of conditions for participation in the AAP PDF
- ICT system access form PDF
- Identification of additional skills form PDF
- Equipment declaration form PDF
- Official secrecy acknowledgement form PDF
- Police (AFP) check application form PDF & self-captured photo instructions PDF
- Pre-engagement declaration form PDF
- Expeditioner working hours PDF
- Expeditioner important notes PDF
- Expeditioner accommodation PDF
- Travel and accommodation arrangements form PDF
- Freight dispatch form — unaccompanied personal effects (UPE) PDF
- Application for vehicle storage form PDF
- Application to store household effects form PDF
- Release and indemnity form PDF
- Telephone personal information number (PIN) request form PDF
- Salary particulars form PDF
- Tax file declaration form PDF
- AAD superannuation choice acknowledgement form PDF
- ATO superannuation fund — standard choice form PDF
- Super information sheet PDF
If you cannot download documents please contact us to obtain a hard copy pre-departure pack via our online form, or phone +61 3 6232 3123 or 1800 030 755.
Checklist for expeditioners
- Read the AAD Expeditioner Handbook.
- Return designated forms by post (download them from the catalogue of forms above).
- Record your ‘personal profile’ details online on the AAO system without delay. This information includes family contacts and immigration information, without which you cannot leave Australia.
- Complete the Clothing Application online through the AAO system. This includes clothing sizes essential for your kitting appointment. Have you made your kitting appointment?