This Initial Environmental Evaluation describes the potential environmental impacts associated with the five major components of the activity in 2022/23:
- replacement of existing apple and melon huts
- site preparation, including preparations for new tent sites, improvements to existing tent sites, helipad clearing, formation of temporary laydown areas for cargo, marking and possible clearing of paths, and possible drainage diversion
- cargo positioning and storage
- placement of temporary infrastructure for communications and water storage, and
- collection of water samples from various waterbodies in the vicinity of EDB to assess quality for consumption during the DTC 2023-24 and 2024-25 seasons.
The Australian Antarctic Division (AAD) invites members of the public to submit comments on this document with respect to the environmental impacts of the proposed activities, and in particular to suggest additional, specific ways to reduce the proposal’s environmental impacts.
Comments to the Australian Antarctic Division should be made in writing and emailed to: email@example.com
Please ensure that any submissions are received by Close of Business on Wednesday 19 October 2022.
For more information, please contact the AAD Antarctic and Environmental Regulation Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For comment: Draft – Initial Environmental Evaluation – Denman Terrestrial Campaign – Operational Support (see below)