Vehicles are deployed at each station to support field activities ranging from trips close to the station to deep field programs thousands of kilometres away.
These vehicles include:
- Honda TRX300 and TRX350 quads with sleds and small trailers
- Snowmobiles: either Bombardier skidoos or Arctic Cats
- Hägglunds BU206 D5, D6 and Echo models towing 2 tonne tracked trailers and sleds
- Nodwell & Foremost Pioneer all terrain carriers
- Caterpillar D7G and D7H low ground pressure tractors towing 20 tonne sleds
Surface transport at each station differs, to account for weather conditions, environmental impacts and varying terrains. At some times of the year, vehicle use can be restricted due to snow and ice melt and other conditions.