We require a range of personal information from all expeditioners before you can ‘head south’ to the Antarctic or subantarctic, including:
- home and emergency contact details
- mailing contact details for family and friends
- special dietary needs
- details of skills and experience
- passport/visa details
Please login to Antarctic Applications Online (AAO) to create a profile for use by AAD managers. This is a simple procedure with on-screen help available.
Where possible, you should begin your personal profile about 8–10 weeks before your intended departure date, especially if passports and/or visas are required. It must be completed by at least six weeks before your intended departure date. This lead time is critical to completion of pre-departure planning processes.
Keep your login details safe; they are for your personal use only, so please do not share them with anyone else.
If you are travelling south for two consecutive seasons, you should provide information relating to the current season and only provide the information for the following season after you have returned to Australia.
Having difficulties in completing your personal profile? Then please contact us.
- If you are a science field person, please contact Strategic Science Planning and Coordination.
- If you are a non-science person, please contact the Expeditioner Training and Family Liaison Officer. They may also be reached via phone on 1800 030 680.