Common places to find BRM include, but are not limited to:
- inside and on the outside surface of shipping containers
- attached to machinery, vehicles and internal components
- in timber (e.g. pallets and dunnage)
- gas cylinders, cage pallets and crates
- in packaging including plastic wrapping and cardboard boxes
- worn or used clothing, equipment, gear, boots, personal effects, food and timber products.
If BRM is identified, remove contaminants before on forwarding your cargo to the Australian Antarctic Program.