Australian Antarctic Science Council
The Australian Antarctic Science Council was established in 2019 to advise Government on the Australian Antarctic Science Program, including Antarctic science priorities in the context of the Australian Antarctic Strategy and 20 Year Action Plan.
The Council is made up of:
- Chair, Dr Conall O’Connell AM
- Independent Member, Professor Sabine Dittmann (Flinders University)
- Independent Member, Professor Noel Cressie (University of Wollongong)
- Ex officio members:
- Chair, National Committee for Antarctic Research
- Director, Australian Antarctic Division
- CEO, Australian Research Council
- Department of Industry, Innovation and Science
- Bureau of Meteorology
- Geoscience Australia
The Terms of Reference [PDF] for the Australian Antarctic Science Council outline key areas of focus, including advising Government on:
- Arrangements to implement the Australian Government response to the Australian Antarctic Science Program Governance Review (2017) [PDF]; and
- Options to maintain or enhance Australia's reputation on Antarctic science including by maximising the use of the Government's Antarctic infrastruture and supporting annual planning of the Australian Antarctic Science Program.
Contact the Australian Antarctic Science Council at email@example.com.