Plant and machinery used for skiway and runway construction
To enable ski equipped aircraft to land, Davis and Casey have skiways located close to the stations. A 4000 metre runway for wheeled aircraft is located at Wilkins near Casey.
The machinery listed below has been placed in service to construct and maintain the snow pavements and support the operation in general.
- Caterpillar tracked tractors: D7H, DTR, Challenger MT865, Challenger 65B
- Snowblowers: Schmidt Supra 4000 and Overaasen UT400
- Caterpillar 966 loader
- Caterpillar 14H motor grader
- Ford F250 utility
- Hagglunds BU206E
- Arctic Cat snowmobiles
- Polaris 4x4 utility vehicle
- Kassebohrer PB260D snowgroomer
- JCB Loadall telescopic handler