Consign your cargo - eCon
Welcome to our new cargo consignment system!
You can enter eCon using your email address to log in. Staff can use their AAD username and password.
For further assistance please consult cargo centre staff.
The electronic cargo consignment form (eCon) is the user interface to our new cargo management system which has been created by in-house developers to meet our logistics requirements.
The new electronic cargo management system aims to:
- provide a comprehensive cargo tracking system for all items sent to and returned from Australian Antarctic and sub-Antarctic stations
- increase accessibility to cargo lodgement and tracking facilities for both internal and external users
- provide a flexible system that is able to grow to meet the needs of an evolving AAD Logistics operation
- enable more appropriate packing and storage of cargo by collecting more accurate information at lodgement
- streamline despatch of return cargo by acting as a 'one stop shop' for cargo items
- improve reporting capabilities for internal cargo tracking, voyage management, Customs and AQIS requirements
The major advantages of the system include;
- electronic lodgement facilities available to any user – AAD, external organisations and expeditioner's families and friends
- full editing facilities available to users for their consignments
- users can track the progress of their consignments
- individual tracking numbers created for each item accepted for shipping. Individual marker tags are produced for placement on all items
- weights and measures are collected at acceptance of cargo items – improvement for occupation health and safety
- available for southbound and RTA cargo
Go to eCon.