Maps of intercontinental and intra-continental transport
Intercontinental flights will operate between the Australian and Antarctic continents over the Southern Ocean.
Intra-continental flight will operate between Casey, Davis and Mawson stations, and field locations throughout the Australian Antarctic Territory.
Deployment and retrieval of scientific parties at field locations throughout the AAT will be required, scheduled according to the needs and priorities of scientific programs. Locations to be visited will vary from season to season.
Intercontinental and intra-continental maps
The maps below are available in the Australian Antarctic Data centre (AADC) map catalogue as both PDF and JPEG format.
The following maps accompany the document Characteristics of operating locations, Australian Antarctic Air transport system. These maps are available online in the AADC map catalogue.
- Map 1: Windmill Islands
- Map 2: Casey Station
- Map 3: Windmill Islands - wildlife concentrations
- Map 4: Casey Station - snow petrel nesting sites
- Map 5: Frazier Islands - bird breeding sites
- Map 6: Ardery and Odbert Islands - SPA 3
- Map 7: Clark Peninsula - SSSI 17, topography
- Map 8: Casey to Wilkes
- Map 9: Vestfold Hills and Davis - wildlife concentrations
- Map 10: Hawker Island area
- Map 11: Rauer Group - wildlife concentrations
- Map 12: Davis Station
- Map 13: Mawson region - wildlife concentrations
- Map 14: Bechervaise and Welch Islands
- Map 15: Mawson Station
Is there a location mentioned in the air transport web pages that you would like to know more about?
You can look up the location of any place or feature in Antarctica using the Gazetteer (Antarctic Names) search page