Pre-departure information for expeditioners
Your most valuable resource before you leave for Antarctica is your Expeditioner Handbook. Please read this very carefully as it should answer nearly all of your questions. Please also fill in the forms as indicated in your offer of participation letter and return the forms to us by post without delay.
Please visit the page of forms you must sign before travelling and consider the essential information which is listed below.
- Pre-departure checklist [PDF]
- Antarctic Applications Online (AAO)
- Drug and alcohol policy [PDF]
- Environmental code for participants in the Australian Antarctic program
- Outdoor recreation policy
- Approvals and permits
- Work health & safety roles and responsibilities [PDF]
- Tips for photography and filming in Antarctica [PDF]
For information about cargo allowances, consigning your cargo electronically and the season’s shipping and air travel schedules (including cargo required by dates), please follow the links below.
Information for family and friends
Information to assist you while you are separated from your family and friends can be found in our Liaison and support pages. Please refer your loved ones to our Family and friends pages of this website to find information about staying in touch with you while you are away.