Chief Investigators and Project Managers
Work health and safety information
Policies and procedures
Minimum WHS requirements as defined by AAD policies and procedures.
- Asbestos management [PDF]
- Departmental drug and alcohol policy [PDF]
- AAD drug and alcohol policy [PDF]
- Ergonomics [PDF]
- Fatigue management [PDF]
- Incident, hazard and improvement reporting [PDF]
- Manual handling [PDF]
- Managing noise and hearing loss [PDF]
- Personal protective equipment [PDF]
- Plant operators and trainees [PDF]
- Roles and responsibilities [PDF]
- Ultraviolet (UV) radiation protection [PDF]
Chief Investigators (CI) and Project Managers (PM) may use these templates in addressing their risk assessment responsibilities or those developed by their own organisations.
- Chemical risk assessment guidelines and template [Word]
- Job Hazard Analysis (JHA) [Word] (for new and non routine activities)
- Operating instruction (OI) [Word]
- Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) [Word] (for routine activities)
Codes of Practice/Standards
Codes of practice are minimum standards that apply to managing various kinds of risks e.g. manual handling, falls, plant, structures, facilities etc. Check these when developing your job hazard analyses, operating instructions or standard operating procedures.