Station Supply Officer
Station Supply Officer
Annual Base Salary
(while in Australia)
$67,456 pa ($2,586 per fortnight before tax)
In addition, whilst working in Antarctica allowances of $54,460 pa are payable.
As the Station Supply Officer (SSO) your duties and responsibilities are diverse and involve supporting Australian Antarctic Program operations and activities. The primary objective of the SSO is to provide the supply support necessary to mount and sustain logistics operations.
The roles and functions undertaken by the SSO utilise their specialist skills in areas such as; supply chain management, provisioning, operational logistics, equipment accounting, warehousing and distributions, movements and transportation, including air/sea movements and stock control.
SSO activities include:
- Management of inventory held in the station Green Store (warehouse) and Field Clothing Store
- Manage the issue and transport of material from storage locations to the end-user and recover items for return to Australia and forwards equipment for disposal.
- Manage the collection, transportation and delivery of plant and equipment.
- Organise and manage the station waste disposal, collection and recycling.
- Organise and manage station dangerous goods
- Ensure northbound cargo and material meets Customs and Quarantine regulatory requirements.
The SSO will be required to have a current manual car license and a current forklift license. Other plant and equipment licenses would be desirable.
Qualifications for the packing and handling of dangerous goods and hazardous goods (ie IATA and IMDG) would be preferred. However, an ability to obtain the required qualifications is required.
The typical employment period for the SSO will depend on the Station and the season (summer or winter). However, a typical summer period is 5 months and a winter is 15 months.
Recreation leave - You will accure recreation leave at the equivalent of 20 days for each full year worked. Please note that recreation leave is not available in Antarctica.
Superannuation - A generous employer superannuation contribution of up to 15.4% will be paid in addition to salary and allowances.
You should read the Job Description, General Information and Personal Qualities details which are available from the links on the right hand side of this page as it contains important information you need to know about employment and related issues.
If you would like to talk to someone about applying, for technical matters please contact the Supply Services Group Manager (Roger Knowles), on 03 6232 3130, email email@example.com or for general information 1800 030 755.