Jobs in Antarctica
Applications for all positions supporting the 2018–19 Australian Antarctic Program have now closed. Apply now for the role of Antarctic Medical Practitioner for the 2019-20 season.
If you would like to be notified when applications for Jobs in Antarctica open, please register your details.
- Chef Applications open: No
Provide a nutritious and varied diet for expeditioners in one of the most isolated kitchens on the planet.
- Watercraft Operator Applications open: No
Operate watercraft to deploy, monitor and retrieve fuel lines and undertake transfers of passengers and cargo.
- Field Training Officer Applications open: No
Teach a wide range of survival skills to your fellow expeditioners, many of whom have little to no experience in snow and ice.
- Station Supply Officer Applications open: No
Provide the supply support necessary to mount and sustain logistics operations.
Antarctic medical practitioners
- Station Communications Technical Officer Applications open: No
Supervise and/or carry out routine and complex telecommunication installation, maintenance tasks and operation of equipment.
- Communications Operator Applications open: No
Operate communications equipment ensuring the safety of personnel travelling in the field, by aircraft or watercraft.
- Communications Rigger Applications open: No
Carry out maintenance on masts and antenna systems at Antarctic Stations.
- Information Technology Officer Applications open: No
Provide ICT support services on station, and assist with, the installation of ICT Infrastructure.
- Engineering Services Supervisor Applications open: No
Schedule and supervise a group of trades personnel engaged in maintenance, construction and refurbishment projects.
- Building Services Supervisor Applications open: No
Co-ordinate the on-site activities of a group of multi-skilled trades personnel over winter and contribute as a working manager.
- Carpenter Applications open: No
Maintain station buildings and field huts, safely operate the carpenter's workshop and participate in building construction work.
- Electrician & Instrument Electrician Applications open: No
Install, operate and maintain a station's primary power source and the associated electrical reticulation systems.
- Rigger Applications open: No
Work with cranes and other plant, assisting in the erection, cladding and fit out of new buildings as well as assisting in the maintenance of the existing infrastructure.
- Boilermaker Welder Applications open: No
Undertake the safe operation of the metal working machinery and welding bays; assist in the erection, cladding and fit out of new buildings as well as assisting in the maintenance of the existing infrastructure.
- Concreter Applications open: No
Undertake site preparation, formwork, steel fixing, concrete placing and finishing. Assist in erection, cladding, fit out of new buildings, maintenance.
- Fitter & Turner Applications open: No
Manufacture parts and service a variety of machinery. Work with electricians, plumbers and diesel mechanics as well as assisting construction teams and science projects.
- Refrigeration Mechanic Applications open: No
Install and maintain domestic and commercial refrigeration plant as well as assisting with general maintenance and construction tasks for the station infrastructure.
- Plumber Applications open: No
Install, operate and maintain building mechanical services plant and equipment including all internal/external reticulated pipe work.
- Mechanical Services (HVAC) Balancing Technician Applications open: No
Take responsibility for the balancing of mechanical services air and water systems in all buildings at Davis station.
- Station Mechanical Supervisor Applications open: No
Manage the mechanical section's operations and operate equipment as part of the mechanical team.
- Expedition Mechanic Applications open: No
Maintain a wide range of mechanical plant and equipment including portable generators, specialised over snow vehicles and earth moving machinery.
- Station Plant Operator Applications open: No
Take responsibility for safe operation and routine maintenance of a range of plant and equipment associated with construction and maintenance activities.
- Wilkins Aerodrome Manager Applications open: No
Be responsible for the on-site management of the Wilkins Aerodrome, in particular the pack up and reinstatement of the Aerodrome to an operational level.
- Deputy Wilkins Aerodrome Manager Applications open: No
Be responsible for the day to day tasking and supervision of Aerodrome staff.
- Aircraft Ground Support Officer Applications open: No
Be responsible for the provision of ground support to fixed and rotary wing operations in Antarctica.
- Aerodrome Camp Support Officer Applications open: No
Support the Wilkins Runway camp through a range of administrative and practical duties.
- Aerodrome Plant Operator Applications open: No
Be directly involved in construction and maintenance of Wilkins ice runway and have a role in aerodrome operations.