Jobs in Antarctica
Apply now for the role of Antarctic Medical Practitioner. Applications for all other positions supporting the 2018–19 Australian Antarctic Program have now closed.
If you would like to be notified when applications for Jobs in Antarctica open, please register your details.
- Chef Applications open: No
Provide a nutritious and varied diet for expeditioners in one of the most isolated kitchens on the planet.
- Watercraft Operator Applications open: No
Operate watercraft to deploy, monitor and retrieve fuel lines and undertake transfers of passengers and cargo.
- Field Training Officer Applications open: No
Teach a wide range of survival skills to your fellow expeditioners, many of whom have little to no experience in snow and ice.
- Station Supply Officer Applications open: No
Provide the supply support necessary to mount and sustain logistics operations.
Antarctic medical practitioners
- Station Communications Technical Officer Applications open: No
Supervise and/or carry out routine and complex telecommunication installation, maintenance tasks and operation of equipment.
- Communications Operator Applications open: No
Operate communications equipment ensuring the safety of personnel travelling in the field, by aircraft or watercraft.
- Communications Rigger Applications open: No
Carry out maintenance on masts and antenna systems at Antarctic Stations.
- Information Technology Officer Applications open: No
Provide ICT support services on station, and assist with, the installation of ICT Infrastructure.
- Engineering Services Supervisor Applications open: No
Schedule and supervise a group of trades personnel engaged in maintenance, construction and refurbishment projects.
- Building Services Supervisor Applications open: No
Co-ordinate the on-site activities of a group of multi-skilled trades personnel over winter and contribute as a working manager.
- Carpenter Applications open: No
Maintain station buildings and field huts, safely operate the carpenter's workshop and participate in building construction work.
- Electrician & Instrument Electrician Applications open: No
Install, operate and maintain a station's primary power source and the associated electrical reticulation systems.
- Rigger Applications open: No
Work with cranes and other plant, assisting in the erection, cladding and fit out of new buildings as well as assisting in the maintenance of the existing infrastructure.
- Boilermaker Welder Applications open: No
Undertake the safe operation of the metal working machinery and welding bays; assist in the erection, cladding and fit out of new buildings as well as assisting in the maintenance of the existing infrastructure.
- Concreter Applications open: No
Undertake site preparation, formwork, steel fixing, concrete placing and finishing. Assist in erection, cladding, fit out of new buildings, maintenance.
- Fitter & Turner Applications open: No
Manufacture parts and service a variety of machinery. Work with electricians, plumbers and diesel mechanics as well as assisting construction teams and science projects.
- Refrigeration Mechanic Applications open: No
Install and maintain domestic and commercial refrigeration plant as well as assisting with general maintenance and construction tasks for the station infrastructure.
- Plumber Applications open: No
Install, operate and maintain building mechanical services plant and equipment including all internal/external reticulated pipe work.
- Mechanical Services (HVAC) Balancing Technician Applications open: No
Take responsibility for the balancing of mechanical services air and water systems in all buildings at Davis station.
- Station Mechanical Supervisor Applications open: No
Manage the mechanical section's operations and operate equipment as part of the mechanical team.
- Expedition Mechanic Applications open: No
Maintain a wide range of mechanical plant and equipment including portable generators, specialised over snow vehicles and earth moving machinery.
- Station Plant Operator Applications open: No
Take responsibility for safe operation and routine maintenance of a range of plant and equipment associated with construction and maintenance activities.
- Wilkins Aerodrome Manager Applications open: No
Be responsible for the on-site management of the Wilkins Aerodrome, in particular the pack up and reinstatement of the Aerodrome to an operational level.
- Deputy Wilkins Aerodrome Manager Applications open: No
Be responsible for the day to day tasking and supervision of Aerodrome staff.
- Aircraft Ground Support Officer Applications open: No
Be responsible for the provision of ground support to fixed and rotary wing operations in Antarctica.
- Aerodrome Camp Support Officer Applications open: No
Support the Wilkins Runway camp through a range of administrative and practical duties.
- Aerodrome Plant Operator Applications open: No
Be directly involved in construction and maintenance of Wilkins ice runway and have a role in aerodrome operations.