Antarctic and subantarctic maps
These maps may be freely used by teachers and students for educational purposes.
- Antarctica and surroundings PDF
This map shows Antarctica in the context of its surrounding lands and seas.
- Antarctic territorial claims PDF
This illustration is designed to show the extent of territory that seven countries currently claim.
- Australian Antarctic Territory (Eastern Sector) PDF
Showing Commonwealth Bay, location of Douglas Mawson’s 1911–14 Australasian Antarctic Expedition.
- Antarctic distances PDF
Australia, Antarctica and Australian subantarctic islands are separated by thousands of kilometres of stormy Southern Ocean.
- Australia to Antarctica PDF
Shown in Mercator’s Projection which allows for easy plotting of positions by latitude and longitude.
- Macquarie Island PDF
Macquarie Island is a part of Tasmania. Australia has continuously occupied the island since 1948.
- Heard Island PDF
Australia’s only active volcanoes are in the Territory of Heard and McDonald Islands.
More maps may be found on the Australian Antarctic Data Centre website:
- Maps of the whole of Antarctica and maps of the Australian Antarctic Territory
- Black and white maps of suitable size and general nature for publications
- Heard and McDonald Islands
- Maps of Macquarie Island including Macquarie Island station
Visit Classroom Antarctica for more educational resources.