Australian Antarctic Arts Fellowship
The Australian Antarctic Division administers the Australian Antarctic Arts Fellowship, enabling people primarily with a non-science background to experience Antarctica and the sub-Antarctic, and Australia’s activities in these locations, so that they may communicate this unique experience and understanding to others.
Applications are currently closed. The program will open to expressions of interest on 10 April 2017.
The Arts Fellowship program objectives are to increase Australian and international awareness and appreciation of Antarctica, the sub-Antarctic, and the Australian Antarctic Program, with a focus on communicating within Australia and internationally:
- the activities of the Australian Antarctic Program;
- the importance of the unique Antarctic and sub-Antarctic natural environment;
- human stories and endeavours;
- Australia’s historical Antarctic and sub-Antarctic legacy; and
- the international treaty history, values and cooperation that shape Antarctica’s geopolitical significance.
The Arts Fellowship advances these objectives through the work of people gifted in communicating through various media including (but not limited to) the visual arts, film-making, performance, writing, education, and music.