Australian Antarctic Arts Fellowship
The Australian Antarctic Arts Fellowship, made possible by the Australian Antarctic Division in association with the Australian Network for Art & Technology, enables people from the creative community to experience Antarctica and the sub-Antarctic, and Australia’s activities in these locations, so that they may communicate this unique experience and understanding to others.
Applications for the 2017/18 Antarctic Arts Fellowship have closed. Applications for the 2018/19 program will open in 2018.
The Arts Fellowship program objectives are to increase Australian and international awareness and appreciation of Antarctica, the sub-Antarctic, and the Australian Antarctic Program, with a focus on communicating within Australia and internationally:
- the activities of the Australian Antarctic Program;
- the importance of the unique Antarctic and sub-Antarctic natural environment;
- human stories and endeavours;
- Australia’s historical Antarctic and sub-Antarctic legacy; and
- the international treaty history, values and cooperation that shape Antarctica’s geopolitical significance.
The Arts Fellowship advances these objectives through the work of people gifted in communicating through various media including (but not limited to) the visual arts, film-making, performance, writing, and music.